When driving any type of automobile, the driver and passengers should be comfortable even when in a bumpy area. This is how it should be but what makes this possible? This is where shock absorbers come in.
Besides ensuring comfort, these automotive devices will control the suspension and the springs of the car. This is one reason that you do not feel bumps impact in a vehicle with quality shock absorbers.
Having shock absorbers in good condition is of great significance considering that if they are in poor condition, this could be a costly affair. This is because they could end up damaging the wheels. No car owner wants this to happen thus if the absorbers are damaged, they should be replaced immediately.
Why Should Shock Absorbers be in Good Condition?
- To avoid damaging the wheels
- To make the occupants of the car comfortable in bumpy areas by making the ride smooth
- Enhances safety as the tires will be in proper contact with the road
- To ensure that braking response is as it should be
How Do Shock Absorbers Work?
The most important job for shock absorbers is to control the movement and resistance when the vehicle is in a bumpy area or in a road bump. The devices do this by letting the holes and valves pass hydraulics when its pushed by the piston which is inside the little oil pumps that make up the shock absorbers.
Different Types of Shock Absorbers
There are varieties of cars that are manufactured across the globe. The shock absorbers that are fit for your car could be different from those that fit another car.
- Strut type: – If you have a big car that carries heavy loads, these are the best kind of shock absorbers. If the absorbers are damaged, an automotive technician can repair or replace the device.
- Conventional telescopic: – These are common due to the fact that they are cheap. They are standard devices that are easy to acquire.
- Spring seat: – These devices consist of a damping unit and suspension unit. It is not advisable to use them in vehicles that carry heavy loads.
Depending on the damage of these automotive devices, an expert will advise whether it needs replacement or repair. Once you realize that your car is no longer controlling rebound and impact as it should be, it’s time to have the shock absorbers checked. Absorbers are used on all the four wheels of the car.